Join our team of professionals in the exciting A/E/C industry as we design high-performance and sustainable building systems for a wide variety of institutional and corporate clients. Our newly created Accounting Coordinator position will work directly with our Business Manager to establish a solid foundation for providing the best engineering services to our clients.
Design Engineers seeks an eager learner to join our Cedar Rapids, Iowa office, where the perfect candidate for our Accounting Coordinator position will find daily challenge and satisfaction working with both internal and external clients to support the business’s most important goals. This position will require a great degree of organizational and interpersonal skills, a knack for problem solving and an eye for the details. Our integrated design approach is inclusive and equal opportunity.
- Record and process accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- Prepare and send invoicing for services performed.
- Accurately update and maintain project and billing related information in our project-based system.
- Perform monthly cash and credit card reconciliations.
- Track employee timesheet and expense reimbursement processes.
- Monitor and follow up on company aging’s.
- Provide project administration support including updating job specifications, drawing sets, bookmarking, and scanning.
- Provide contract administration support.
- Provide recruiting support and applicant tracking.
- Answer inbound calls from clients and vendors and welcome visitors.
- Accountable, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and willingness to work with disruptions.
- Proactive, collaborative, tenacious and client-focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Voracious appetite for learning.
- Accounting Associates Degree or in lieu of a degree 5 year’s accounting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting and administrative role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and accounting systems.
A career with Design Engineers can being a lifetime of opportunities. We value our communities and support our employee’s interests. We welcome diversity and healthy work/life balance. We work together to create a challenging and rewarding environment with all the right tools to do our work professionally, accurately, and on time. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, a generous profit-sharing plan and 401(k) program.
Click apply now to email your resume today!