Open Rank Extension Educator - Water and Integrated
Nebraska Extension has an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Mead, NE, in Saunders County. This educator's primary responsibility is to develop and deliver educational programs and resources as an active participant in the Nebraska Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (WICS) Team within a geographic area that includes Saunders, Douglas, and Sarpy Counties in Nebraska. This educator will be stationed at the Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension, and Education Center and expected to collaborate closely with colleagues, state and federal agencies, industry representatives, and crop producers to address opportunities in diverse cropping systems, including crop diagnostics and soil health, using precision agricultural strategies. The focus of this position will contribute to the goals and objectives of the WICS team. Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and nominations of individuals from underrepresented groups.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Master's degree required (completed prior to the start date) in Agronomy, Crop Science, Agricultural Mechanization, Agricultural and Biological Systems Engineering, or closely related field.
• Field experience in production agriculture with emphasis in water and cropping systems.
• Experience working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
• Experience using precision agriculture strategies to address diverse cropping systems, crop diagnostics, and soil health.
• Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs, including securing grants and contracts as well as cost recovery efforts.
• Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
• Experience in the development and implementation of social media communication and education, including managing website, blog, Facebook page, and Twitter accounts for a professional organization.
Review of applications will begin May 3, 2021. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found or search is closed. Candidates must apply online at http://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_210037. Click "Apply for this Job" or sign on and complete or review existing Information Form. You will be required to attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) or grade report listing courses taken, the institution where they were taken and final grade. Transcripts must be attached to the online application (as "Other Document") or attached to an email and sent to email@example.com. Please make sure to redact your social security number before you send or upload your transcripts/grade report.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.