TEAM LEADER - RN
Contributes to the provision of high quality, cost-effective patient care and collaboration with other health care team members, with emphasis on designated service lines. Serves as a resource to revenue capture coordinator and surgical services business manager. Oversees the organization and availability of resources necessary for procedures and utilization of appropriate supplies as it relates to specialties. Promotes team collaboration and works with surgeons through effective and consistent communication and coordination.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate patients, equipment and staffing through effective planning and communication with the Charge Nurse and CSP for efficient case flow meeting targeted unit metrics.
- Develop and motivate circulating and scrub personnel to ensure well-rounded skilled teams.
- Work and assume leadership responsibilities with Department Director, Manager and Clinical Educators regarding best clinical practice concepts for service in conjunction with standards.
- Assess educational needs of team and department to coordinate in-services with vendors and physicians to address deficiencies and promote professional growth.
- Work closely with Supply and Billing Coordinators to assure adequate supplies, instrumentation and equipment.
- Planning with physicians and vendors to accurately track and charge for new procedure inventory management and maintenance of satisfactory par levels.
- Support Clinical Directors along with Materials Management and Central Sterile Supply with Capital and Operational Budget requests and utilization.
- Collaborate with Team Coordinator to ensure an accurate Preference Card system, reflective of standardization, while incorporating actual case needs and accurate charges as an inventory management tool for supplies and instrumentation.
- Contribute to successful scheduling of surgical cases with the scheduling office utilizing the EPIC computer system.
- Delegation of tasks to promote departmental team work to achieve targeted metrics and participate in team member's performance evaluation.
- BSN required or completion within two years of hire date. Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing
- A minimum of two years of operating room experience required.
- Strong clinical, technical, interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary.
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS
- CNOR certification preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position may be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.