Software QA Engineer- Return to Work
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 7, 2021
Role Number: 200236999
Returning to a career after extended time off? Welcome back - and welcome to Apple. Whether you took time off for your family, military service, education, health, or a personal passion project, we value your entire life experience. After all, Apple's culture depends on a wide range of talent and perspectives. It's our diverse collective of thinkers and doers that makes innovation possible. That's why we created the Apple Return to Work program. It features full-time returnships that provide mentorship, professional development, and networking opportunities, as well as employee benefits. Eligible applicants will have at least five years of relevant work experience and have taken a career break of two or more years.
- A deep understanding of software testing methodologies and practices
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases, assessing risk and filing appropriate defects
- You are a creative thinker and strong problem solver
The ideal engineer should be comfortable to execute black box and gray box test and also write automated tests and user-level test automation tools. In this role you will be actively involved in understanding features, identifying testing requirements and creating test plans. You will continuously track software bugs and represent the quality from a user's perspective.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to mobile SDK or application testing
- Experience with either/or Computer Vision or Augmented Reality Software/Apps
- 2+ years of experience working in software development and/or testing Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems