Build your career with Alto Ingredients! Earn a competitive salary, benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k with a company dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%, a Wellness program, a stipend for fitness center expenses, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, and service awards for career longevity. Alto Ingredients values the communities where we work and live, and offers an extra 8 hours of paid leave for employees who volunteer their time and talents in their community.
Environment: Alto Ingredients produces and markets high-quality alcohols for chemical, industrial and human consumption, diversified high-value protein and energy products for livestock, aquatic and pet food markets and renewable fuel grade ethanol to major and independent oil companies. Alto Ingredients owns and operates seven production facilities in California, Idaho, Illinois and Oregon. The plants have a combined production capacity of 450 million gallons per year, and produce over two million tons per year of co-products – on a dry matter basis – such as wet and dry distillers grains, wet and dry corn gluten feed, condensed distillers solubles, corn gluten meal, corn germ, corn oil, distillers yeast and CO2, based on historical volumes. Alto Ingredients markets and distributes fuel-grade ethanol, high-quality alcohol products and co-products domestically and internationally. Alto Ingredients’ subsidiary, Kinergy Marketing LLC, markets all ethanol and high-quality alcohol products for Alto Ingredients’ plants as well as for third parties. Alto Ingredients’ subsidiary, Pacific Ag. Products LLC, markets wet and dry distillers grains.
Our Pekin campus produces products destined for Health, Food and Beverage and Industrial markets. All personnel are responsible for the safety of these products, which includes participation in training, following cGMP and food safety requirements in the facility, and reviewing and following SOPs for incoming ingredients and outgoing products.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for effectively operating the plant equipment to ensure the quality and quantity of ethanol fuel production is optimized.
The following is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties; this list is not all-inclusive. This job description may be modified as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates equipment to achieve optimal performance.
- Adjusts equipment settings to ensure the ethanol produced meets quality and quantity expectations.
- Inspects and maintains the equipment to ensure proper processing.
- Inspects the quality and of the product and documents the result at certain intervals of the production process.
- Completes daily shift production logs.
- Coordinates with lab technicians to ensure product quality.
- Investigates, monitors and reports deviations from production standards.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum one-year process and equipment experience.
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with operation software.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination; safety cautious.
- Experience working with lab testers and plant equipment.
- Ability to follow directions, and work well with little supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Driver’s license.
- Ability to safely and effectively coordinate multiple projects/tasks.
- Bilingual skills are (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must have the ability to work different shifts and overtime. This includes the possibility of short-term and long-term shift reassignment to match the needs of the business.
- Must be able to work in cold to hot temperatures; work around dust, fumes, and/or moderate to loud noises.
- Able to lift, pull, carry, and pick-up average to heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for climbing stairs and ladders, sitting, walking on paved and unpaved surfaces, and standing for prolonged periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone; lift horizontally and vertically, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Must be able to climb to the different heights.