Hardware System Integrator - Audio Product - Return To Work
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 18, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200230387
Returning to a career after extended time off? Welcome back - and welcome to Apple. Whether you took time off for your family, military service, education, health, or a personal passion project, we value your entire life experience. After all, Apple's culture depends on a wide range of talent and perspectives. It's our diverse collective of thinkers and doers that makes innovation possible. That's why we created the Apple Return to Work program. It features full-time returnships that provide mentorship, professional development, and networking opportunities, as well as employee benefits. Eligible applicants will have at least five years of relevant work experience and have taken a career break of two or more years. ***************** The Audio Products team is searching for self driven, passionate electrical engineers for the role of Hardware System Integrator at all levels, junior through lead / senior. This is a unique position allowing ownership of all things "EE" about a product, from architecture to component selection, schematic capture and board layout to validation and manufacturing. Our products are on the cutting edge in every way: integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design. Play a significant role in the development of Apple products, interfacing with virtually every team involved in the process: Product Design / Mechanical Engineering Firmware iOS Industrial Design EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc. Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple. The right candidate will thrive in that type of environment. The position is based in Cupertino at Apple's headquarters. Some international travel is required, as our teams go on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job.
- Great EE fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does.
- You've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics. Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification.
- Ability to go learn how to quantify and test new technologies.
- Experienced designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers is a huge bonus.
- Experienced in low power embedded systems, especially 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers, is extremely beneficial.
- Every µA is sacred.
- Experienced in the following areas is desired: processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design and analysis, audio system design and measurement, sensor design & integration, and low power circuit design.
- Experience in the following areas is especially desirable: DC/DC power design, Bluetooth & WLAN radio integration and video electronics design.
Architecture development and review Component selection and maintaining vendor relationships Schematic capture and review. Manage PCB layout with our team of designers Validation planning and execution, utilizing local and CM resources to execute deep and detailed validation. Custom silicon specifications and validation, from simple glue logic to multi-core ARM SoC's.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD EE or equivalent