The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information. Project Directors supply timely, accurate, and relevant information to assist senior leadership, customers, and/or management in making decisions. They contribute to the management of a project in technical, development, business, and operational functional organizations.
Description of the Position
Project Directors responsibilities may include:
- Developing and overseeing project plans
- Performing resource management
- Developing and tracking schedules
- Monitoring performance goals and mitigating risks
- Providing quality assurance oversight
- Leading/mentoring junior staff
- Creating and sustaining a strong customer focus
- Collaborating with others to accomplish goals
- Presenting project status and informational briefs
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills, and is:
- critical thinker
- able to take action in complex situations
- able to negotiate with and influence others
- able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- resourceful in identifying and consulting appropriate SME's to provide input on decisions
- proficient at briefing project status and details to all levels
- able to identify, manage, and resolve conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner
- proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g., Excel, Project)
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 hrs (flexible).
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from (see application details).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.