Power Electronics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 7, 2021
Role Number: 200237301
We're a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. And the same innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is where your work can make a difference in people's lives. Including your own! The Special Projects Team (SPG) is seeking a versatile electrical engineer to design, control test, and deploy power electronic hardware systems for Electromechanical and Industrial Systems applications.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing and specifying power electronics, DC/DC, DC/AC, gate drive boards, and inductive loads for industrial and electromechanical applications
- Deep knowledge in areas required for design of power electronic circuits and systems: Control topologies, simulation, EMI/EMC, PCB layout, Arc flash and HV Safety concerns
- Demonstrated ability to design circuits and sensors for Voltage, Current, etc.
- Ability to Test and Verify designs across wide environmental conditions
- Skilled in HV wire harness, connectors, utility tie-in, and panel design.
- Familiar with specifying electronic test equipment: Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators/Analyzers, Power Analyzers, Power Suppliers, etc.
- Experience with circuit simulation and design tools: Cadence, Mentor, Spice, Altium
- Knowledge and experience in test automation using third party tools (e.g. NI LabView) and in simulation and implementation tools and languages - C++, Python, ANSYS
Participate in the electromechanical system engineering activities from the HV electronics perspective Define requirements and design HV electrical and utility aspects of system Work with ME/SW/Controls engineers to understand diverse system requirements in electromechanical systems. Generate official design documents and layout files in appropriate design toolchains Develop integration plans, conduct hands on verification of designs and document simulation and test results. Debug, root cause and correct field issues. Improve existing and 3rd party designs
Education & Experience
BS in EE focusing on power electronics design and control, MS or PhD preferred