Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
Location: Cincinnati - Ohio
Location: Detroit - Michigan
Position can be Located Anywhere in the East Region
The Consultant Team Lead is a technical people manager resource for Rockwell Automation solution and technologies. They will be responsible for leading and building an effective team of domain experts (can be a mix of Solution and Technology Consultants). The Consultant Team Lead will also act as a technical resource for Rockwell Automation technology and products within their area(s) of expertise. They will also be responsible for articulating capability and benefits of portfolio to customers. They will be responsible for supporting sales at key customer pursuits by providing specific solution expertise in a defined geography. They will deliver proof of concept, after pre-sales support, and will be a trusted advisor to the sales organization and channel.
- Ensure regional selling resources maintain the appropriate competencies across assigned products and services.
- Work with appropriate Business Management and Sales Leadership teams to ensure proper resourcing and competency coverage to support growth
- Execute commercial programs related to product responsibility.
- Participate in trade shows, seminars and/or similar marketing activities, ensuring technical resources are capable of supporting.
- Ensure consultants have appropriate development plans in place to develop and maintain technical capabilities.
- Collaborate and share insights with regional and global peers.
- Maintain knowledge of the industry sales strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Understands the business drivers and KPI's of the customer.
- Ensure Consultant team maintain sales and customer relationship management data up to date in tools (i.e. CRM), optimizing activities by using tools consistently.
- Coach and develop Solution Consultants and/or Technology Consultants
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent.
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related demonstrated sales experience.
- Able to articulate value of larger Rockwell Automation application value, without the need to demonstrate individual products with hands on demonstrations
- Fluency with native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong supporter of our customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Ability to set, be accountable for and achieve challenging targets.
- Ability to influence, empower, coach and motivate others.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Instill an energetic and enthusiastic response in their team towards achieving company goals and priorities, and encouraging their commitment and support.
- Exhibit strong teamwork, customer service and organizational skills.
- Act courageously by sharing viewpoints openly and directly with others, providing relevant and timely information and feedback, as required.
- Make sound and difficult decisions even in the face of multiple obstacles, particularly when under pressure or in high stakes situations.
- Retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, conflict and stress.
- Remain open to ideas; integrate multiple perspectives in decision-making.
- Ability to motivate others and him/herself
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for relationship building and partnership across the organization at all levels to leverage ideas, capabilities, and processes.
- Lead and/or manage courageously during organizational change; taking appropriate risks and encouraging others to do so in order to be aligned with a culture that values risk-taking.
Information Processing Capability (Factors of Complexity)
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Leverage business insights in proposing solutions and facilitating change.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being adaptable and flexible.
- Seek out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a situation or making a decision; demonstrate clear understanding of multiple viewpoints.
- Distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the 'story' behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps.
- Anticipate and act upon evolutionary trends in the industry and the unique adaptations required by the Company to sustain competitive advantage.
Accepts Role Requirements
- Coaches others/their team to improve performance and achieve their goals.
- Establish and maintain appropriate engagement levels for their team of domain experts by providing an environment supportive of employee development and advancement while ensuring the availability of the proper mix of competencies and experience to support the business.
- Influence and operate across a highly matrixed organization.
- Values working in a team-oriented culture and building consensus with stakeholders before making key decisions.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of skills and knowledge in job-related technical and professional areas.
- Actively participates in calls and meetings via phone or in-person, as needed.
- Travel to customers within assigned geography will be required.
Key Performance Metrics
- Achieve AOP order & sales targets for specific products.
- Pro-actively close identified skill gaps.
- Ensure alignment of all goals, objectives, and activities with company priorities and changing market requirements by thinking strategically and decisively.
- Team continuously develops technical and commercial skills; measured by progressing career and credentials.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel locally greater than 50% of time.
Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Additional business related degree/experience preferred.
Software Industry Experience
Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).