GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE
TITLE: E-Commerce Collectibles Assistant Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: E-Commerce Collectibles Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: Works in all areas of E-Collectibles under the supervision of the Collectibles Manager and E-Commerce Operations Manager. Works in conjunction with the Manager to implement innovative projects and maximize collections, production, sales, salvage and customer service. The Assistant Manager is vested with the trust of the organization to represent the highest standards of behavior and job performance. As such, Assistant Managers are expected to conduct themselves with honesty and integrity, ensuring that all business activities are transparent and ethical.
· Maximize revenue from donated goods through online sales.
· Oversee the proper procedures for handling and sale of E-Commerce merchandise.
· Provide training to retail level staff to maximize donated goods being sent to E-Commerce.
· Audit online sales channels to ensure policies, procedures and standards are met.
· Support the Manager and Operations Manager to Increase brand awareness and revenue of online operations.
· Implement and maintain procedures to maximize efficiencies in production, sales, customer service, and receipt of store donations with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Maintain professional communication and decorum.
· Assist with leading tours and facilitate training for visiting agencies.
· Assist in management of proper processing and separation of incoming donations, outlet merchandise, salvage goods and waste.
· Maintain all controllable expenses at or below budgeted levels.
· Maintain all store records including but not limited to production, financials and human resources in a timely and accurate manner.
· Optimize used goods processing through the proper application of E-Commerce techniques, including: sorting, preparing, listing and shipping items for sale.
· Ensure maximum sales performance through proper listing, handling, rotation, and shipping of merchandise.
· Ensure that store meets or exceeds sales goals on a consistent basis.
· Ensure that store is presenting quality customer service in a timely and courteous manner to all shoppers, donors, employees and vendors.
· Maintain production area and flow of processing for efficiency.
· Ensure proper maintenance and appearance of the entire facility, both interior and exterior, including but not limited to production, sales floor and restrooms.
· Control and maintain all E-Commerce assets.
· Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to GICW’s rules, policies, safety procedures, CARF and Kaizen philosophy.
· Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
· Direct the activities of store personnel, ensuring that all sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately and ensure that donated goods are processed in accordance with standards.
· Resolve customer issues in accordance with GICW policies and standards in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Support open door policy in accordance with GICW policy.
· Maintain positive and professional relationship with all employees.
· Attend all mandatory classes in Store Manager Development and Training program and ongoing training classes as offered.
· Ensure the proper management of program participants assigned to the store.
· Identify, train and develop to ensure proper succession planning for entire store operations.
· Effectively manage to ensure proper adherence by store staff to policies and procedures.
· Assist the Manager in recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating and managing store personnel so as to provide an efficient and effective work force.
· Responsible for timely intervention, discipline and appropriate documentation for all employees.
· Comply with GICW employment practices and EEO guidelines and policies.
· Keep premises clean and free of safety hazards. Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by all staff and store employees.
· Ensure all loss prevention matters are reported, investigated and corrected in a timely manner.
· Ensure proper operation of store security including, but not limited to: new and used goods, door locks, alarms, office door, bank deposits, refunds, safe, and incident reports.
· Follows proper new goods procedure by correctly processing, securing and inventorying to ensure store shrink is at or below company average.
· Maintain support of E-Books department, as required due to absence of leadership in the department.
· Perform miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
Long Term Services (LTS)
· Assist participants with behavior issues.
· Comply with all CARF standards.
· Provide backup coverage to the Integration Specialist as required.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· High School graduate or GED.
· Minimum five years’ experience in retail field, and three years in a supervisory capacity or BA/BS degree.
· Sufficient knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting to maintain store records.
· Prior profit and loss, sales or cost management accountability.
· Must possess strong interpersonal and writing skills.
· Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
· Must provide own transportation as required.
· Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
· Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
· Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
· Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on this job description. This may include passing a state-mandated, federally-conducted criminal background check.
· Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must meet GICW quantitative and qualitative performance standards.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Collectibles Supervisors, Associates, Leads, Specialists, Material Handlers, and Customer Service Representatives.
· Works indoors in either a warehouse or store setting. Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include exposure to dust.
· Long periods of mobility and moving merchandise.
· Assistant Managers are subject to transfer to other locations within the GICW system.
· May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable behavior.
· High adaptability required: Work environment usually hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
· DOT Strength Classification: Medium