Operational Integration Specialist
Garland , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200236330
At Apple, we embrace diversity, continuously strive for excellence and thrive in an environment of innovation and collaboration. We are actively seeking a Test and Evaluation Facility Operations Lead. The individual will excel among a team of thinkers and doers, committed to working in a mission-critical environment that values continuous improvement and adopts change! Apple's Data Center Operations team thrives with individuals like you, that take pride of ownership for the services provided to improve our critical environments. We excel at actively leading efforts to innovate, while expanding our customer support capabilities, and assist the world with their daily lives! As part of a team of like-minded people, you will address sophisticated topics that craft how we innovate and operate in our data centers. A collaborative vision of the future motivates you to optimize for efficiencies and improvements. You generate ideas that push teams and senior leaders to expand the boundaries of innovation and technology. With your expertise, you ensure that the teams deliver the required hardware and infrastructure improvements, while meeting all data center standards.
- 5 + years of leadership experience in a fast-paced data center or equivalent environment.
- Skilled technician with data center IT hardware installation, decommission, and maintenance experience.
- Proven expertise operationalizing and verifying new hardware prior to full scale deployment.
- Proficient in firmware and systems integration and validation.
- Practical knowledge identifying the latest technological solutions required to drive engineering, operations, and the business forward.
- Strategic thinker who sees the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Operates with minimal direction, while demonstrating sound judgment.
- Communicates often and clearly to facilitate the development of vision and goals for onsite and data center teams.
- Experience with Mac OS, iOS, and Desktop applications.
As an Operational Integration Specialist you will be responsible for transitioning new infrastructure and capabilities into efficient, low risk operational environments. In addition, you will, Gain trust of internal and external teams through demonstrated expertise and product delivery. Inspire and influence others to create and implement the best possible products, to improve Apple's business. Steer cross-functional groups to define organization level strategies and standards. Guide the identification and implementation of advanced hardware and infrastructure test and evaluation strategies. Lead root cause analysis (RCA) investigations to identify core issues, eliminating additional risks. Coordinate with training managers to create data center focused curriculum. Apply a creative approach to drive efficiency and productivity, pushing the business forward. Manage scheduling, resourcing and execution of validation and evaluation activities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience