Northeast State Community College is an open-access, public, comprehensive community college that advances lifelong learning and strengthens the economic and social/cultural aspects of the community. To facilitate teaching, learning, service, and student success, the College provides innovative, high-quality, and relevant associate, certificate, and career-focused educational programs and services. We’re nestled in the beautiful Northeast region of Tennessee, in the middle of the Tri-Cities.
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, pharmacy, life insurance, EAP services, flexible spending accounts, short-term disability, long-term disability, retirement, 401k, paid holidays, annual/personal leave, sick leave, educational assistance programs, and so much more!
Respect - We value respect and provide an environment of inclusiveness, cooperation, and diversity.
Responsibility - We value responsibility and promote integrity, accountability, and excellence in teaching, learning, and services.
Responsiveness - We value responsiveness and facilitate personal, professional, and economic growth.We are currently seeking a talented individual to join the Northeast State Community College team as the Assistant Vice President for Research, Analytics, & Planning.
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Research, Analytics, and Planning leads and coordinates institutional-, unit-, and program-level strategic planning and assessment activities. The AVP also provides support to Academic Affairs for specialized program accreditations and assists the Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success in their role as the SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison. The individual directs institutional research and is responsible for presenting and communicating data and information to key stakeholders in order to inform data-driven decisions. The AVP collaborates with units across campus, holds departments accountable to compliance standards, and encourages innovation and continuous improvement in practices, programs, and services. The AVP reports to the Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master’s degree with a concentration in education administration, research, science-related, business, or another related field from an institutionally accredited institution.
- Five or more years of experience as a principal contributor to significant data-informed improvements to practices, programs, or services
- Five or more years of experience championing regulatory agency (or comparable bodies) reporting and compliance efforts with units or teams
- Five or more years of full-time professional supervisory experience
- Five or more years of full-time experience in one or both of the following:
- teaching the scientific method at the post-secondary level, or
- leading an office of Research, Analytics and Planning or an office with similar functions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in highly collaborative environments with individuals from a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (application will be reviewed for accuracy)
- Ability to assimilate and analyze information and data accurately
- Commitment to shared governance practices in higher education
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems, and data information systems
- Earned doctorate from an institutionally accredited institution
- Three years or more of experience as 1) a SACSCOC accreditation liaison or 2) a principal contributor, responsible for monitoring and maintaining institutional compliance with SACSCOC
- Three years or more of experience as leading strategic planning or assessment efforts at a post-secondary institution
- Experience working with/reporting information to the Tennessee Board of Regents or the Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Demonstrated understanding of the comprehensive community college philosophy
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direct supervision for the office of Research, Analytics, and Planning, to include budget management
- Promote collaboration across all areas to facilitate data-informed decisions
- Serve as primary staff contact with the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) and the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) concerning planning, Quality Assurance, institutional research, and accreditation activities
- Lead and coordinate activities and systems related to institutional research, select regulatory reporting, and strategic planning and assessment.
- Continue to develop individual employee skills, knowledge, and competency
- Initiate employee performance reviews and maintain related records
Research and Analytics:
- Champion data-informed innovation and excellence at all levels of the college to continuously improve practices, programs, and services.
- Lead data reporting and compliance efforts with select regulatory bodies, such as the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC), the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR), and the National Center for Education Statistics (IPEDS).
- Support reporting to other entities, such as the National Student Clearinghouse and the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).
- Promote institutional quality and effectiveness by providing leadership for and oversight of Northeast State’s strategic planning and assessment processes.
- Promote compliance with SACSCOC’s Principles of Accreditation and support the Vice President for Institutional Excellence and Student Success, who serves as the institution’s SACSCOC accreditation liaison.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervision
General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) Principles of Accreditation, policies and guidelines.
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth.
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team.
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Demonstrate a commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
- Flexible schedule may be required based on project needs.
Compensation: $71,168 - $92,514 annual salary dependent on education and experience.
Contract Type: Fiscal, Full-Time Regular
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Open Until Filled: No
Application Deadline: May 8th, 2021, 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Required Documents: To be considered for a position with Northeast State, the following documents are required: cover letter, resume/vitae, and unofficial transcripts. You will also be required to provide the contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Northeast State, you must create an online application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience.
Requisition Number: req5534
Northeast State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Linda W. Calvert
Vice President for Administration & Grant Development
P. O. Box 246
Blountville, TN 37617-0246
The Northeast State Community College policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://apps.northeaststate.edu/ie/policymanual/pol.asp?p=254.