State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
Information Technology Analyst III
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking an Information Technology Analyst III to serve as a Business Systems Analyst III for the Financial Services Technology Unit of the Administrative Services Division. Qualified applicants will possess experience in the specific functional area of Business Analysis.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent business analyst with the ability to deliver on work of high technical complexity.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply the appropriate knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out requirements completely and accurately from business participants.
- Ability to organize and produce information provided by business participants to enable the project team to implement a solution that meets those needs and also identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to create and manage documentation that supports the effective delivery of technology that meets specific business needs.
- Ability to determine the appropriate business analyst activities, tools, and techniques necessary to complete, manage, and monitor a business analysis effort within the SDLC.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, use judgment to make decisions, take initiative, and apply critical thinking.
- Proven ability to work with staff of varying skill levels (executive, business stakeholders, technical, non-technical, and end users).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaboratively structure and facilitate working and informational sessions with both business and technical personnel, of varying levels of experience and skills, to achieve desired outcomes with limited direction.
- Excellent change management skills with the ability to respond to change requests and resource adjustments.
- Ability to effectively interface with others and develop healthy, productive work interactions.
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite, including SQL, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Quality Assurance experience a plus, which includes ability to translate system specifications (written or derived) into test plans and test cases; executes test plans and test scripts and documents results and defects; monitors test plans and verifies that development deliverables are consistent with the systems specifications.
Starting Salary $87,884 – plus State of Connecticut benefits.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Eight (8) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the advanced working level with responsibility for performing a full range of moderately complex technical support functions as highlighted in one of functional area(s) listed above.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2) A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
Special Requirement: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by April 26, 2021. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application site at: www.jud.ct.gov/hronline/. Resumes or paper applications will not be accepted.
Please reference posting number #21-3000-008