AI/ML - ML Data Product Manager, ML Platform & Technology
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Apr 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200234553
Would you like to play a key role in advancing Apple products by empowering engineering teams with insights and data? The Machine Learning Platform & Technology (MLPT) EPM team is seeking a technical product manager for its Data platform products. The platform handles secure data storage, curation, and analysis, produces quality human-annotated data sets, and helps engineering teams across Apple to make data-informed decisions and power model training, with the ultimate goal of improving product quality and delivering a delightful experience to Apple customers! You will work closely with cross-functional partners within and outside MLPT to define and build the right data products to serve organization needs with consideration of user privacy. You can see different angles of a product or business opportunity, and you know how to connect the dots and interact with people in various roles and functions. Come thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, to lead innovative projects that have broad impact, and to coordinate projects across a variety of teams.
- 3+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development (e.g. Product/Program/Project Management, or Business Analysis)
- Proven track record of delivering large-scale data processing and data analytics tools, including storage, annotation platforms, data processing pipelines, large-scale and high-throughput backend services, and/or user-facing applications that use those services
- Passionate about delivering the best user experience to internal users by actively surveying user needs and translating requirements into a feature roadmap
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with a track record of driving improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness
Build the right scalable and flexible privacy-preserving data platform to empower Apple development teams to effectively collect, store, analyze, and curate data for Machine Learning. This includes defining roadmaps, planning, and execution. Proactively identify use cases from internal partners and define feature requirements and product specs. Work with cross-functional partners and partners to establish roadmaps, and process and feedback loops to continuously improve products Come up with product metrics to measure the success of our data platform in relation to overall MLPT product goals Build relationships across Apple organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups to ensure our tooling and processes are driving MLPT Data product improvement Be the driver, evangelist, problem-solver, and leader who helps our engineering and operations team gather and use data that makes Apple's MLPT platform the world's best for machine learning while aligning with our strong privacy guarantees to our users
Education & Experience
- - Experience with the data collection, storage, and annotation methods for Machine Learning products is a huge plus
- - Experience with Spark, SQL, Python, R, or other advanced analytical tools is a plus!
- - Experience using OKRs to drive product outcomes
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.