Data Backend Test Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200236047
- Day to day work involves understanding data pipeline systems developed by engineering teams.
- Carry out data profiling and understand schema, data interrelationships, and data flow.
- Document test plans, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.), bug reporting and isolation
- This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
- Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis.
- Candidate should possess the ability to implement automated tests.
- Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties
- Interest in AMP products, improving AMP data, and learning AMP tools and technologies
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Possess exceptional analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis.
- Good soft skills esp. listening and interfacing with stakeholders
- Dedication to user-focused design & high quality technology
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle.
- Willingness to work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Results-oriented, persistent, and meticulous.
The Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics Engineering QA team is responsible for ensuring the Quality and integrity of the data collected and reported on customer experience data. We are seeking Data Test Engineers who are interested in AMP products, want to make a difference to them and to Apple as a whole, improving the data quality, and learn AMP cutting-edge tools and technologies
Education & Experience
BS/BA/MS/MA/PhD degree in any of the STEM majors (Sciences/Physics/Chem/CS/Math/Engineering). Ideally 2+ years of experience. This position is good for recent, research-oriented graduates attempting to transition from non-CS STEM majors to the data/software world.
- Deep understanding of Big Data technologies (e.g. HDFS, AWS, Spark, Kafka, Voldemort, Cassandra, Druid)
- Knowledge in Python, Java, Scala, SQL
- Experience with Big Data query tools (e.g. Hive, HDFS, Azkaban, SparkSQL, HiveQL, CQL)
- Good to have experience with near real-time (NRT) and Batch data pipelines
- Experience black box testing Client-Server products
- Knowledge in Data Quality, Data Profiling and Data Integration tools.
- Experience in data migrations, DataWarehousing, Business Intelligence