Sr. Robotics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 8, 2021
Role Number: 200236699
At Apple ISG (Intelligent Systems Group) we develop groundbreaking devices with complex software, sensors and hardware. You will play a key role in crafting and developing the software for those devices, and your mentorship from a software perspective will be meaningful to the systems design overall. You should be an authority in developing sophisticated software for iOS and other platforms, from algorithms processing sensor data to user interfaces. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Background in classification and tracking or sensor fusion algorithms
- Experience with on-device machine perception algorithms
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing and integrating with real-time systems
- Experience with robotic control systems
- Very strong development skills in any of C, C++, Objective-C or Swift
- Experience with Python and developing in the Linux and/or Mac OS environment
- Strong social and verbal/written/presentational skills. This includes working with peers, managers, and multi-functional teams
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and follow through to task completion despite roadblocks or distractions
- Ability to write production code as well as develop quick prototypes
You will develop, deploy and scale sophisticated autonomous algorithms, and handle the integration and test of software releases on a large robotics system. You will also review system performance, triage and fix issues, and identify improvements to the current system. We search people that have the proven experience, a good attention to detail, an aptitude for learning new skills, and enjoy working in teams to achieve common goals.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in robotics, computer science, and or equivalent professional experience. Alternatively, a comparable industry career with consistent track record of successful projects.