Location: Houston - Texas
The OEM Account Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to maintain existing business and identify opportunities for growth to meet or exceed annual sales goals. This individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Owns the account strategy within assigned accounts and communicates to extended teams on an account by account basis.
- Establishes strong relationships at all organizational levels within the customer base and understands customers' processes, business drivers and organizational models.
- Follows the Rockwell Automation sales process: knows assigned accounts, plans for growth, maintains a healthy funnel, drives opportunities to closure and evaluates performance to goal.
- Understands the industry (applications, standards/regulations, drivers and trends), the customer's organization and desired business outcomes and Rockwell Automation offerings and delivery mechanisms as well as partner capabilities relevant to assigned accounts.
- Understands appropriate industry and/or OEM segment, customer and Rockwell Automation/partner capabilities
- Follows Rockwell Automation sales process.
- Proactively collaborates with the North America OEM team Segment Leaders and/or Regional Industry Managers.
- Manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation's outcome-based selling methodology.
- Qualifies customer opportunities, engages the appropriate resources and coordinates the solution design to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Coordinates Rockwell Automation account team, senior management and a technical engagement team (domain experts) to plan for and win identified opportunities.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system.
- Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances through distributor.
- Supports customer/internal account reviews.
- Sets and helps manage internal/external partner expectations.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or Operations Management. Additional business-related degree/experience preferred.
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, manufacturing operations, systems integration or an engineering firm
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel locally greater than 50% of time.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).