Location: United States of America Milwaukee (South 2nd Street)
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Boston - Massachusetts
Reporting to Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, the Business Leader of Corporate Development will lead M&A activities and venture equity investments in support of Rockwell Automation's Software& Control segment and additional businesses by active engagement with business leaders and other resources in definition, identification, and negotiation of targeted opportunities to accelerate the execution of business growth strategy.
- As a member of corporate development organization, works closely with Rockwell Automation's Software and Control segment and leadership of other business teams as well as key stakeholders across the enterprise in development of inorganic solutions in support of business growth and technology innovation and development.
- Supports the development and then leads the execution of business strategy for inorganic activities including M&A and venture equity investments.
- Leads M&A target and funnel activities - establishing profiles of potential investment areas of interest and targets, prospecting to maintain sufficient funnel, pursuit of targets including presentations to owners and investors.
- Cooperates closely and supports M&A Operations team to execute an effective diligence, integration planning and deal closing activities.
- Provides regular updates and presentations in various company forums and to key executives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business field
- Ability to travel globally and domestically 20-25%
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 8+ years of business experience including 3-5 years of software/technology M&A experience gained in Corporate Development, Private Equity or Investment Banking with a strong track record of leading successfully completed deals.
- MBA in Finance or Business strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of industrial market space, software products, solutions, and gaps in supported areas, ability to evaluate market inorganic opportunities for potential strategic fit and to develop execution strategy using all available resources.
- Technical proficiency in supported areas like Software, Control and Automation, ability to evaluate market inorganic opportunities for potential fit, and to develop the path forward strategy using all available resources.
- Collaborative, problem-solving mindset with ability to earn trust, to influence and motivate without authority, and to manage conflicting priorities in a non-confrontational manner.
- Comfortable to proactively manage multiple projects simultaneously with multiple business partners in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent networking and communication skills, both interpersonal and written, persuasiveness, and attention to details.
- Unquestionable work ethic, integrity and judgment required to operate in high-impact, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Experience of working with startups and accelerators is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).