April 8, 2021
Puget Sound Educational School District invites a highly qualified Family Advocate to join our team. The Family Advocate works with Educare School’s Family Support staff and the interdisciplinary teaching team in the engagement and the support of families in Educare through activities, practices and services that support parents as the primary nurturers, experts, and teachers of their child to promote and sustain their child’s learning, development, and academic and life success.
At Educare you will join a community of learners focused on providing high quality care and early childhood education, while working closely with families to support the growth and development of their children. Educare is a research based early learning program implementing best and most promising new practices. We hold high expectations for achieving child and family goals and offer reflective practices so that teachers reach and sustain those goals. We are part of a support system that enables personal and professional growth within an intentional culture of inclusion and diversity. We encourage you to join us in achieving a vision of excellence, innovation, creativity, and equity for the children and families we serve.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
• Associate's Degree or higher in Human Services, Social Services, Family Services, or Counseling (a related degree with 30+ job-related credits, a Family Development Certification, or the ability to obtain Family Development Certification within 6 months of hire may substitute for Associate's Degree);
• Experience working with culturally diverse families;
• Professional experience with case work;
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens.
• Experience working in a childhood setting;
• Experience with Community Based Organizations, Grassroots Movements, and/or working with and for Social Justice;
• Experience with Head Start reporting and administrative tasks. Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Educare Early Learning Center, Seattle
Job Type: Full Time, Year ‘Round
Salary: $48,187 – $55,881 Annually (Salary Band B)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family
Support: Educare Early Learning Center
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• 24 annual leave days per year
• 12 sick days
• 11 paid holidays
• Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
• Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
• Subsidized ORCA card
• Free parking
• Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by April 22, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for May 3, 2021 via videoconferencing.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057