Open Rank Extension Educator - Water and Integrated Cropping Systems
(Red Willow County)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Nebraska Extension has an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in McCook, NE in Red Willow County. This educator's primary responsibility is to develop and deliver educational programs and resources as an active participant in the Nebraska Water and Integrated Cropping Systems (WICS) Team within a geographic area that includes Red Willow, Frontier, Hayes, and Hitchcock Counties in Nebraska. This educator is expected to collaborate closely with colleagues, state and federal agencies, industry representatives, and crop producers to deliver precision agriculture strategies to address agronomic and management issues in irrigated and rainfed cropping systems based on the goals and objectives of the WICS Team. Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and nominations of individuals from underrepresented groups.
• Master's degree required (completed prior to the start date) in Agronomy, Crop Science, Agricultural Mechanization, Agricultural and Biological Systems Engineering or closely related field.
• Field experience in irrigated production agriculture.
• Experience working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
• Experience using precision agriculture strategies to address agronomic and management issues in irrigated and dryland crop production.
• Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs, including securing grants and contracts as well as cost recovery efforts.
• Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
• Experience in the development and implementation of social media communication and education, including managing website, blog, Facebook page, and Twitter accounts for a professional organization.
Review of applications will begin May 6, 2021. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found or search is closed.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.