Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200237699
Are you passionate about driving complex cross functional software engineering initiatives with multiple stakeholders and critical functional benefits to clients and customers? Imagine what you could do here... At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions to complex problems? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Corporate Systems Engineering group at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet the growing business needs of Apple's Finance, HR, iTunes, Sales, Retail, and other business groups. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high- volume micro- transactions from iTunes Downloads, iPhone Activations, Sales from Retail, Online, Resellers, and more. We are looking for an SRE/Operations Engineering Manager to drive innovation around the delivery of projects that impact Sales, Finances, Marketing and Operations teams across several business lines.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- 5+ years in Operations and Production Engineering.
- Application and database engineering for scale.
- Application support practices and procedures for critical platforms.
- Application monitoring and profiling tools.
- Managing applications on cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Experienced with managing Kubernetes applications.
- Containers, build and release tools and deployment strategies.
- Large scale database clusters integration.
- Familiarity with messaging platforms.
- Familiarity with search platforms.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing Technical Operations, Application Engineering for Cloud, Infrastructure Strategy, Tier-2 Production Support and product development of Operational utilities for a critical payments platform. The role requires candidate to embrace a complex software product architecture to support a continuous stream of payments data to ensure accurate invoicing, disbursements, receipts and payments. This role is responsible for infrastructure design and scalability to support the platform and for the related product development. The role will take ownership of the production health of the platform including tickets, operational retrospect's and definition/management of necessary controls. As business evolves, this role will identify utilities that can assist in operations and own the product development for it. Monitoring, alerting, profiling tools, fault tolerance etc will be a charter for this role. The platform is a part of very fast paced initiates from a range of business units. Good communication, building business relationships and thriving in fast pace are necessary for this role. The candidate will lead and mentor a very talented group of individual contributors.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in leading engineering teams.
- Prior experience on cloud migration is a huge plus.
- Development background in Java/scripting languages is desired.