Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: United States of America Washington (remote)
Location: United States of America Minnesota (remote)
Position can be Worked Anywhere in the Western USA
The IS (Information Software) Technical Consultant provides pre-sales services to both internal and external customers focusing on the implementation and deployment of IS Analytic offerings. The primary focus of the position is to support the IS Sales Team in working with our Customers on their IoT Digital Transformation journey. Reporting to the Regional Manager of Information Software, Technical Consultants, this position primarily provides sales support to the Information Solutions Sales Executives primarily within region as well as other key customer engagements from other sales teams. The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the company. In addition, strong commercial, product/service/solution and application skills are necessary. This position requires moderate to extensive travel primarily within region.
- Respond to RFIs and RFQs
- Work with Rockwell sales representatives on sales strategies, plans and execution
- Present qualitative and quantitative value of the proposed solutions
- Create custom presentations and documents that clearly state customer business problems and Rockwell solutions and benefits
- Communicate with customer IT representatives to understand customer IT infrastructure and policies and to present solutions that fit into customer IT environment
- Provide guidance to customers and implementers on ways to deploy proposed products including alternatives and their costs and benefits
- Work with deployment teams (internal or partners) on deployment strategies and specific proposals as needed
- Prepares technical materials, presentations and tools to improve sales force effectiveness.
- Evaluates products and provides feedback on product features and performance.
- Serves as technical expert for pre-sale customers and internal events.
- Develops product enhancements to be used by various delivery teams to either extend existing product functionality and/or to improve development efficiency.
- Serve as RA technical representative to industry associations and standards committees.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work.
- Is a self-sufficient knowledge worker.
- Receives guidelines and goals on new assignments and is expected to develop their own plan to achieve these goals.
- Ability to work with an ad-hoc team of individuals in order to meet a project goal.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or other technical field OR a BS/BA in Business or Marketing with technical experience in manufacturing applications such as Analytics & Cloud computing. Knowledge of manufacturing with core tools such as Logic controller, historians, SQL, MES and ERP systems is a plus.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Working Knowledge or experience of using modeling tools like Knime, Rapidminer, H2O, SAS etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms using Spark ML/MLlib, TensorFlow, R and Notebooks like Zeppelin, Jupyter.
- Experience in big data stores (in order of importance): Elastic, Cassandra, Hbase, Hive, HDFS, etc.
- Data engineering skills in using big data processing and streaming platforms Apache Spark and Apache Kafka, Hadoop. Other platforms will be helpful.
- Prior experience with data transformations, filtering, data aggregation is useful.
- An MBA or advanced degree in business management or engineering/science is desirable.
- At least 4 years of product experience and application development in the Analytics field; and 2-years pre-sales experience.
- In addition, this position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to work effectively and proficiently with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server (Configuration and development of SQL code)
- Cloud Computing (Microsoft Azure)
- Mobile Platforms and Devices (Windows Mobile, Apple iOS, Android)
- Familiarization with various Microsoft Technologies
- Visual Studio, SQL, SSRS, PowerBI, Office
Has a Continuous Improvement Attitude
- Maintains their SME status in their Industry
- Stays current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings
The total target compensation range for this role in Colorado is $120,000-$150,300 of which 80% is base salary and 20% is variable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).