Location: East Setauket - New York
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.Manufacturing Engineer
Rockwell Automation is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for their East Setauket NY Plant. He/she will execute on projects of varying complexity and scope and will be expected to perform multiple activities across projects. This person will develop, implement, and maintain methods and processes in the manufacture of linear motion product parts and assemblies. He/she will be key liaison between design engineering and operations for resolution of all manufacturing issues. He/she will develop, implement, and maintain methods, routings, and processes for the manufacture of RA parts and assemblies. He/she will identify and implement continuous improvements in the manufacturing processes and ensure that customer delivery commitments are met.
The successful candidate will work on new product development initiatives (NPI), interfacing with cross functional teams within Rockwell Automation to achieve key factors of project success, which include project schedule, project cost, product cost, process quality, and transferability. He/she will work with engineering, quality, and manufacturing resources, as well as suppliers to develop best-in-class methods for manufacturing, identify/design tooling and fixtures, develop Process Control Plans, qualify parts and processes, estimate cost and make process improvements for new or existing product lines. Must have proven experience leading manufacturing improvement projects related to cost reduction, defect reduction, or cycle time improvement
This position will take a role in the following activities:
- Manufacturing engineering support for manufacturing operations
- Identify and implement manufacturing cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to identify and implement lead-time reductions and quality improvements.
- Compile and document work instructions. Perform training for operators consistent with all applicable RA workmanship and safety standards.
- Design, implement and maintain tooling, as needed, for all manufacturing processes.
- Optimize production lines including material flow patterns.
- Support the growth of the facility by leading seamless new product introduction and/or transfer of products from design engineering to operations, and from one facility to another, as required.
- Ensure seamless implementation of engineering changes.
- Design, implement and maintain product identification, packaging, and test capabilities.
- Assist with the procurement of manufacturing equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Interface with and support the resolution of issues at suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Lead the material review board team. Analyze non-conforming material data and drive root cause and corrective action activities
- Review and approve product changes ECR/ECO
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and interface with other functional groups such as engineering, operations, quality, purchasing, sales, and outside suppliers
- Able to design and develop tooling and fixtures that aid in the manufacture of parts, components, and assemblies in a low-to-medium volume environment
- CAD experience using SolidWorks, ORCAD, PRO-E a plus
- Good communication skills and the ability to provide clear status updates to business leadership.
- Essential computer skills include familiarity and fluency in MS Office.
- Must be able to teach others.
- Ability to travel to domestic, and on infrequent occasions, international suppliers, and partners.
- Familiarity with mechanical machining tolerances and methods.
- Desired Characteristics: Solid Works experience a plus. Experience programming and/or maintaining automatic test equipment. Experience planning and executing Kaizen events with verifiable results. Knowledge of statistical methods. Familiar with Servo motors and drives.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience working with all aspects of component fabrication, including mechanical machining, sheet metal, castings, plastics, welding, etc.
- Experience with electromechanical assemblies, including box-build, PCBAs, cables, etc. is a plus
- Proven experience leading or performing Design-for-Manufacturing (DFM) activities to improve quality and reduce cost
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 or other applicable Quality Management System standards.
- Fluent in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles
- Demonstrated and measurable successes applying lean techniques and tools to manufacturing in an electro-mechanical environment
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).