University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking a Program Representative I for the Office of Water Programs (OWP). The Mission of the Office of Water Programs is to provide cost-effective solutions for protecting and enhancing water resources, public health, and the environment through training, scientific research, and public education.
Our operator training group develops and implements programs and publishes training materials for operators of water treatment plants, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and municipal and industrial wastewater treatment and reclamation facilities. We also offer programs and publications for pretreatment facility inspectors, environmental compliance inspectors, and utility managers. All training is offered as distance learning, using correspondence, video, or computer-based formats with opportunities to earn continuing education and contact hours for operators, supervisors, managers, and administrators.
Research group engineers and scientists perform and manage research efforts focused on characterizing water quality issues, including developing and testing methods to improve water quality. Our researchers provide technical advice on water policy issues, assist in watershed planning, and perform modeling, data analysis, and cost assessments to help both the public and private sectors make informed decisions based on accurate information and good science.
UEI offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation Time – starting at 6.66 hours accrued/month
- Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
Apply by Friday, April 23, 2021.
Pay Rate: $2,427 - $3,367 per month
The incumbent performs a full range of customer service duties which include but are not limited to: taking orders from customers, entering data for orders into a database, responding to customer inquiries, and providing administrative support to complete the transaction. The incumbent will be working in an office setting with numerous telephone and in-person interruptions. This position reports directly to and receives general supervision from the Administrative Support Coordinator or designee.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone calls to the main office line, responding to customer inquiries regarding student needs, enrollment requirements, and order status using sensitivity, patience, and an understanding of policies and procedures, as well as maintaining customer confidentiality.
- Applies complex guidelines, policies, and procedures for data input into a proprietary and highly specialized database of orders and customer information, ensuring accurate and timely processing of orders. Provides outstanding customer service.
- Takes orders from customers—including second party purchases and group registrations for agencies—via telephone, email, in person and mail. Provides administrative support to complete the transaction, including follow-up customer interactions.
- Provides general office administrative support by performing clerical functions such as customer correspondence, labeling, filing, word processing, data entry, duplicating, mailing, shredding, and other related tasks to facilitate efficient operation of the OWP program.
- Accepts program-related forms from students and customers, reviews forms for completion, maintains records, and contacts customers for additional information when necessary.
- Represents OWP in a highly professional manner when interacting with customers, campus community, and other agencies. Evaluates potential problems, and suggests proper response needed to the appropriate senior staff.
- Assists with aspects of shipping duties when necessary to ensure continuity of office procedures.
- Assists with aspects of grading duties when necessary to ensure continuity of office procedures.
- Performs all aspects of reception duties when necessary to ensure continuity of office procedures.
- Runs errands both on and off campus to pick up and/or drop off paperwork or other items as needed.
- Performs other duties in support of office functions as assigned.
- Demonstrated professional experience in a customer service position within an office or other administrative environment.
- Demonstrated professional experience taking telephone and web orders from customers and logging orders into a computer database, while maintaining strict confidentiality of sensitive materials.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to perform office procedures such as word processing, filing, customer correspondence, and basic math calculations; ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent foundation in English language including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Demonstrated experience with computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, email, internet, and databases.
- Strong office organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to and learn changing office technology systems. Ability to troubleshoot testing new procedures and software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction, capable of coordinating many tasks by determining the importance of each task, follow established procedures, and work in a changing environment with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse population over the telephone, email, and in-person.
- Ability to explain complex policies and procedures to a variety of customers.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Demonstrated experience in a call center environment.
- Demonstrated experience in an educational or academic environment.