Culver City , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200237202
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, innovative ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Apple TV+ IS&T team is responsible for the technology strategy, delivery, and sustainment of IT systems used to enable Apple TV+ Studio and Production operations. We ensure technology and business strategy remain tightly aligned through multi-functional partnership, knowledge of industry trends, and familiarity with the Apple corporate systems landscape. We work closely with leadership, business partners, business analysts, vendors, information security, and others to design, build and deliver a technology ecosystem that meets the demands of a high growth organization. You will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, delivery, and support of key applications and integrations that Apple TV+ business team use every day. You will bring engineering and operational excellence to our Apple TV+ Studio and Production technology ecosystem. We promote innovation and new technology to enable filmmakers to create the best possible content. This is an excellent opportunity to work with us to build an extraordinary development team, and deliver high quality products.
- 7+ years of technical leadership skills, shown experience of architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed web applications.
- A shown track-record of leading, motivating and building strong software teams - enabling engineers to do the best work of their lifetime.
- Experience managing web based application development teams and assessing project scope and budget requirements.
- Understanding of web application client-tier technologies including HTML, CSS, and JS Frameworks.
- Experience or familiarity with Java/J2EE experience with an understanding of end-to-end n-tier enterprise software architectures
- Experience of delivering Spring Boot, Microservices based scalable web applications.
- Experience building and scaling systems both on premise and the cloud. Experience architecting for a hybrid cloud environment is highly desired.
- Experience or familiarity with cloud technologies / Kubernetes / docker based development
- Knowledge of CI/CD frameworks.
- Consistent record of handling sophisticated software projects and leading multi-functional teams to design and develop applications.
- Experience to work with and run offshore and onshore teams on multiple projects/tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated initiative in prioritizing multiple assignments and able to multi-task with ease.
- Detail oriented, self motivated and highly motivated individual to lead projects from feasibility to completion.
- Understanding of both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required. Ability to communicate optimally, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Prior experience in Media and Entertainment industry is a huge plus!
Develop and iterate on standard methodologies to increase development efficiency while staying aligned with Apple development practices. Interface and collaborate with multi-functional development partners to drive technical alignment, schedule alignment, and issue resolution. Collaborate cross-functionally to shape the vision and roadmap of the Apple TV+ Studio Operations team. Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects. Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our engineering, product, and business teams. Work with Product Managers and partners to define business roadmaps and build resilient systems that can scale. Define and execute product development discussions and map functional requirements to technical designs and a project schedule. Work with Product Managers and Design Services teams to build the high quality products and set the roadmap / schedules of deliverables. Lead a team of hardworking engineers and mentor them to their full potential. Contribute technically to projects. Review designs and implementations produced by engineers - be a trusted and constructive partner in technical discussions. Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineers throughout the organization. Support the growth and well-being of your direct reports. Hire, train, and mentor the diverse and inclusive engineers.
Education & Experience
At least 3 years of experience leading software engineering teams 7+ years of developing and shipping high-quality products Strong CS fundamentals and system design / development experience are critical