The Team Member provides excellent customer service following company policies and procedures and sells products to individuals at the convenience store.
Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Giving excellent customer service
- Reacting to and reporting customer complaints tactfully and promptly
- Following all company safety and security policies
- Looking for and eliminating safety hazards
- Reporting unsafe acts or conditions to management
- Preparing required accident/incident reports; immediately reporting such activity to the
- Human Resources
- Reporting to work on time and when needed
- Adjusting to work schedule as needed
- Operating cash register and all point-of-sale equipment efficiently
- Handling cash and safe drops in accordance with company policies
- Following all credit card and check cashing policies
- Preparing shift reports and other reports required by management
- Following company policy and procedure and all laws governing beverage and tobacco sales
- Cleaning shelves, drives, dispensers, rest rooms, store interior and other designated areas
- Pricing, stocking, rotating and counting merchandise
- Counting inventory
- Following policies and procedures established to prevent loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by other team members, vendors and customers, to include drive-offs
- Building and taking down displays
- Assisting management in maintaining buildings, equipment and grounds
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Store Manager and Area Manager
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous customer service experience desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to speak effectively before customers and other team members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to stand and walk. You are occasionally required to climb or balance on a ladder and stoop, kneel, or crouch when stocking and cleaning shelves. You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, you are occasionally exposed to gasoline vapors and other industrial strength cleaning agents.
You may be exposed to extremely hot cooking equipment and will be required to wear proper protective equipment.