Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
As a Signal Integrity Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for analysis of high speed digital designs and power distribution networks, having a direct impact on product quality and reliability. The team partners with Rockwell Automation's system architect, logic design, ASIC development and PCB Design teams globally. Opportunities will exist to grow your technical skills. This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
- Validates simulations in the lab and determines if design specifications are met
- Provides input to SI project requirements and schedule estimates
- Participates in developing methods and procedures for Signal Integrity team
- Communicates project status, concepts and issues
- Implements project tasks
- Helps reach consensus and achieve results within a project team
- Manages small complexity projects with minimal supervision
- Creates sections of the signal integrity strategy for assigned projects with oversight from more senior engineers
- Generates and verifies PCB layout guidelines
- Performs pre- and post-route signal integrity analysis of high speed designs.
- Participates with PCB layout designer in optimizing layout and resolving issues with guidance from senior engineers
- Documents simulation and validation results
- Provides advice to other departments on assigned sections of project
- Participates in design reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- 2 Years of high-speed digital design experience
- 2 Years of System and printed circuit board level signal integrity experience
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic theory, signal integrity, both single ended and differential interface technology and power integrity
- Hands on experience with simulation and analysis tools from Mentor Graphics (e.g. HyperLynx LineSim, BoardSim, DRC), Ansys (e.g. SIWave, HFSS) or equivalent
- Experience modeling and simulating high speed I/O, PCB interconnects, connectors and package characteristics in an IBIS environment.
- Hands on experience with Mentor tools or equivalent for Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Experience with IBIS model verification & correction is desirable
- Ability to propose multiple solutions to accommodate product constraints
- Experience with crosstalk analysis and control
- Familiar with modelling and analyzing power distribution networks
- Hands on experience with lab equipment such as high-bandwidth oscilloscopes, Time Domain Reflectometers or Vector Network Analyzers for validation
- Experience troubleshooting signal behaviors
- Experience with wide bandwidth probing techniques
- Ability to work well in a diverse, cross-functional and global team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Position may require some travel (10-15%, possibly international)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).