Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of others? Look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Baltimore, MD area as one of our Maintenance Technicians.
This individual should be familiar with working within residential housing / apartment communities; working on unit turns, painting, drywall, plumbing, performing routine and project-based maintenance tasks, etc...
- Inspect, maintain, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment, including any item considered a life or safety hazard by REAC, LIHTC, local Codes Department, etc
- Take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites)
- Replace countertops, drywall, painting, flooring, and other items in a unit to make it "like new".
- To ensure that the property is safe and maintained properly, conduct routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for painting; use correct application techniques and tools; make sure all surfaces, equipment, and materials are clean when finished
- Conduct apartment inspections and coordinate the assignment of maintenance personnel to restore the unit to a “like new” condition
- Assistant in keeping the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean and repair/replace concrete and asphalt walks and drives when needed
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 2 years related property maintenance experience preferred
- 2 years or more experience with residential plumbing, electrical, carpentry and general maintenance
- HVAC Certification is a plus
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage and benefit package. This position is eligible for a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus.