Data Analytics Engineer (Splunk)
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Apr 13, 2021
Role Number: 200238431
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible role as a member of our Data Analytics team, you will help implement and support a reliable, high quality Splunk deployment and its associated data management and analytics services.
- We are looking for strong engineers to join our team with:
- 5 or more years of Splunk or relevant industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of Splunk search processing language (SPL) and search best practices
- Hands on experience with Splunk dashboards, modular inputs, lookups, field extractions and other knowledge objects
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Eg. python, perl, ruby) to automate tasks and manipulate data. Python preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux, shell scripting, and Regex
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Knowledge of version control software like Git or Perforce
- Knowledge of SQL or NOSQL databases (Eg. MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB) is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and on a team, in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience in semiconductor industry is a huge plus
In this role you will: Enhance, support, monitor and provide recommendations to improve or optimize existing Splunk installation Collaborate with multiple silicon design teams at Apple to understand their data needs and provide solutions Support critical data processes running in production and ensure all systems are operational and securely servicing all customers Develop dashboards/visualizations to analyze complex engineering data to help improve the quality of chips in Apple products Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring for dashboard developers across cross-functional teams
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline