Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
The Financial Project Manager Revenue Recognition is responsible for ensuring all revenue recognition tasks and projects are completed timely, efficiently, and accurately in compliance with organizational and governmental requirements.The Financial Project Manager provides direct support to the FSS-Advertising leadership team and business units including, but not limited to, financial statement close execution including required journal entries, execution of specific COSO-based financial controls, adherence to and application of ASC 606 across all revenue platforms, and customer service. The Financial Project Manager is proficient in revenue analysis and financial performance analysis. The Financial Project Manager is responsible for timely and accurate analytical reports and excellent customer service for all associated stakeholder groups. Incumbent must possess the ability to proficiently communicate financial performance to members of the leadership team. Incumbent is expected to become a subject matter expert in areas assigned and be able to train and coach staff.
- Develops relationships and provides support to the Revenue Recognition leadership team, FSS-Advertising Vice President and staff.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Revenue Recognition projects including but not limited to billing system conversions and the design and execution of internal controls.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Mentors, trains and coaches Revenue Recognition staff
- Coordinates all revenue recognition related needs of the team and business units, utilizing staff when appropriate.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues/needs for business units.
- Supports audit compliance by providing information and answers to both internal and external auditors.
- Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Provides and maintains excellent customer service to FSS-Advertising leadership team, Revenue Recognition team and site staff.
- Project Management experience
- Financial statement prowess
- Passion for results
- Customer/client orientation
- Strong communication at all levels
- Support multiple business units simultaneously
- Teamwork and team leadership
- Strong technical skills including Excel, EDMS, Lawson
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Business degree (BS or MBA) with 5+ years of financial project management experience or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated customer service
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a consolidated financial environment
- Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform the detailed assignments as needed.
- Knowledge in solving a full range of complex problems.
- Prior BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) experience desired
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Finance & Accounting