The Public Works Department is recruiting for a Civil Engineer. This position will be responsible for project delivery of multiple capital improvement projects, including but not limited to project management, construction management, engineering design, utility coordination, agency coordination, funding management, right-of-way procurement, public outreach, cost estimation, specification writing, project scheduling, consultant procurement (RFP’s), contractor procurement (RFB’s), reporting, and similar type work.
The ideal candidate will possess a high level of professionalism, sound knowledge of engineering and construction management principles, customer service skills, and a demonstrated track record of successfully completing projects. The ideal candidate will have municipal engineering experience in areas such as project and construction management, storm water, sanitary sewer, pavement, traffic, street lighting, fiber optics, trails, parks, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance, and municipal buildings.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a BS degree in civil engineering or related field.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience.
- Valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of California. If hired with a valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer from another state, you will have one year from date of appointment to obtain your Certificate of Registration in California.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Monthly Salary: $6,955-$8,743
- CalPERS Retirement Program(2@60 plan for Classic members and 2@62 plan for new members)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Onsite City Health and Wellness Clinic (no out of pocket expenses)
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave and much more…
Apply online at www.visalia.city This recruitment is open until filled. Questions can be directed to: Vanessa Shearer (559) 713-4417