Continental Carbon Company in Sunray, Texas has an immediate opening for an Electrician/Mechanic.
With operations both domestically and internationally, Continental Carbon provides the highest quality carbon products - anywhere, anytime. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Continental Carbon has a rich and varied history. From 1936 to the present, Continental Carbon’s team of scientists, engineers and technical support staff have worked together to bring both patented reactor innovations and technologies as well as key products to the rubber goods market place.
The Electrician repairs, installs, and maintains plant electrical systems in a manner that will assure the manufacture and timely shipment of a quality product.
The Electrician installs, repairs, and maintains electrical systems on plant equipment, buildings, and grounds in order to maximize plant operability. Electrical work is performed in a manner that obeys all plant safety rules and established electrical codes.
Duties & Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to
- Follow established plant safety procedures and accepted electrical codes and standards
- Develop a knowledge of plant equipment and maintain records on this equipment
- Develop a knowledge in selection and sizing of electrical equipment
- Develop a knowledge in the use of electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical problems
- Develop a knowledge of electrical principles
- Read and understand electrical schematics
- Develop a knowledge in the safe operation of hand and power tools
- Report problems which could affect product quality or safety to a Maintenance Department Supervisor
- Convey suggestions for improving quality and efficiency to a Maintenance Department Supervisor
- Assist in training new Electricians
- Miscellaneous duties as instructed by Maintenance Department Supervisors
- High energy level, team player, excellent work ethic, with strong communication skills
- Able to develop and enhance relationship with customers, suppliers, auditors, attorneys and local community leaders
- Strong troubleshooting skills to solve problems
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Formal electrical training or experience is preferred
- The Company’s electrical and hands on test must be passed to qualify for this position
- Strong understanding of carbon black production process
Continental Carbon Company offers excellent benefits including
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) with company matching
- Educational Assistant Program
Qualified candidates APPLY NOW!