People’s Resource Center (PRC) is seeking an experienced Office Manager to manage the administrative office functions and front desk operations for all PRC locations. The Office Manager reports to the Director of Operations and works in close partnership with the Operations Team and Program Leadership. The Manager will supervise 5 front desk employees: 2 Administrative Specialists and 3 Receptionists. This position will ensure program and organization administrative needs are met, front desk and administrative office functions operate efficiently and effectively, and customer service provided is consistent with PRC mission, vision and values.
This position will work remotely during PRC’s modified operations due to the pandemic. When PRC returns to full operations, their primary office will be located in Wheaton.
PRC offers a generous compensation and benefits package to our full time employees, including:
- Medical Insurance – HMO and PPO (80% employer paid)
- Dental Insurance – PPO (80% employer paid)
- Flexible Spending Account participation
- Short Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Life Insurance (100% employer paid)
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan & company match
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12 paid holidays
1. Lead and supervise receptionists and administrative specialists including but not limited to hiring, scheduling, assigning administrative tasks, training, prioritizing work, and evaluating performance.
2. Develop and update reception processes, procedures, schedules and responsibilities.
3. Identify, implement, manage and improve upon an effective and efficient room scheduling system that meets users and organization needs.
4. Manage, implement and identify improvements in PRC office management activities according to policies/procedures including but not limited to:
- Copier contracts and servicing
- Printer and Toner contracts and servicing
- USPS mail delivery
- Interoffice mail
- Records retention
- Facility keys management
5. Working with program leadership, identify, systemize, document, communicate and implement program reception tasks ensuring business needs are met.
6. Manage the multi-site network telephone system to ensure efficient and effective communications including but not limited to maintaining active phone listing, training new employees on phone usage, identifying and training on features, and providing up-to-date references for users.
7. Manage and maintain office supply inventory and supply storage rooms/areas.
8. Assist with inventory of PRC furniture and equipment issued to employees including but not limited to tagging, distribution and disposal including but not limited to desks, printers, towers and laptops.
9. Identify, analyze and recommend improvements to reception and office management procedures to ensure efficient and effective processes.
10. Maintain current protocols, tasks and processes in a PRC reception procedures manual.