Sr EMI/PI Engineer - iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200239187
The iPhone Hardware Engineering team is seeking a hardworking electrical engineer for the position of Hardware Engineer - System Technologies. The ideal candidate will work with iPhone Hardware multi-functional teams to perform in-depth debug, modeling and simulation of sophisticated electric and magnetic effects in mobile systems design.
- 5+years of experience
- Must have strong EE fundamentals and problems solving skills
- Must have strong academic background in EM theory and coupling mechanisms.
- Must have experience in power and signal integrity
- Ability to relate electrical performance to physical layout
- Deep experience in 3D EM simulations for debugging and mitigating complex EM coexistence issues
- Hands-on experience in EM and circuit simulation tools: Ansys HFSS/Maxwell/SIWave, CST, ADS/Spice/Spectre, Cadence/Sigrity, scripting languages (Python, Perl)
- Hands-on experience in hardware board-level testing, validation, and with lab equipment (near field scanning, spectrum analyzers, VNAs, scopes)
Characterization and debug of results-oriented system level co-existence/RFI Desense issues
Work with multi-functional teams to define design requirements for improved EM performance
3D-EM and circuit modeling and simulations in the frequency and time domains.
Ability to design and analyze power delivery networks including modeling of dc-dc converters, and their potential for EMI
Simulation and analysis of system high-speed circuits for signal integrity and their potential for EMI
Perform design feasibility study, design testing and verification, and system bring up.
Provide design guideline and support to system architecture design, board layout, product bring up, debug, validation, and factory builds.
Develop and improve design methodologies to achieve minimal EMI
Education & Experience