Software Development Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200237655
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Cocoa team crafts and implements frameworks which deliver user level features and develop APIs that are critical building blocks used by Apple and third parties to build outstanding applications for the Apple platforms. The team's deliverables include a wide range of rich functionality in areas such as user interface, text, internationalization, document handling, asset management, data modeling and persistence, concurrency, and operating system interaction. We are looking for critical problem solvers with a sharp eye for detail who would like to play a key role in qualifying Cocoa frameworks, creating tools to automate and help ensure Apple software is of the highest quality.
- 4-7 years of experience in a software test automation role.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies, and passion for quality processes.
- Experienced in developing test strategies, tools, and architecting test automation frameworks.
- Experience with unit testing and other forms of automated testing with APIs.
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results.
- Knowledge of python and/or objects oriented programming.
- Deep understanding of branching and software configuration management.
Our team works together closely in an open, collaborative environment - ready to share or discuss ideas, problems, and solutions. We frequently work with a variety of teams across the company: HI (human interface) designers, developer tools, hardware engineers, technical writers, and more. We encourage curiosity and initiative, value diversity, and depend on the ability to learn and grow when approaching new features and technology. In this role, as a tool automation engineer in the Cocoa group, you will work closely with other engineers to build tools for automation, help establish pipelines for build and test. You will also help crafting white box test automation using Xcode and XCTest. You will be a part of day-to-day design and implementation discussions for the next versions of macOS and iOS. You will also be installing and using unreleased, ground breaking, versions of the OS as well as system applications and frameworks.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills.
- - Experience writing automation for macOS/iOS applications in Swift or Objective-C is a plus.
- - Familiarity with Git/SCM
- - Familiarity to create and consume RESTful web services is a plus