Thursday, April 15, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannetts Marketing Operations team is looking for a high energy, smart and experienced project manager to direct our large pipeline of marketing projects and marketing campaign workflow to support our North Star priorities. Its a big job that moves at a quick pace. And, you must love change. That is our one constant.
So, if you're up to challenge, don't want to repeat the same day twice and like to take charge, our Traffic Manager position could be for you. The successful candidate directs the workflow to and from cross-functional teams to ensure that materials and resources flow through the project life cycle in an efficient, deadline-driven manner. Create work schedules and develop viable solutions for any workflow delays that may affect deadlines. Manages coordination and tracking of multiple projects to ensure deadlines and goals are achieved. The workflow specialist significantly contributes to the organizations success in achieving revenue and budget goals through effective campaign implementation via efficient workflow management.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for initiating and scheduling all jobs and moving them through the various stages of development, including assigning tasks and check the statuses of outstanding tasks.
- Conduct frequent meetings to go over items/tasks assigned and due for the day and determine if there are any roadblocks and, in collaboration with project managers, determine effect path forward.
- Understand every aspect of organizations workflow and production processes to keep projects moving under pressure and on tight deadlines along with managing fluctuations in task dependencies.
- Assist in asset archival and documentation in collaboration with workflow optimization manager.
- Communicate clear direction and information to ensure teams understand project scope, timing, and requirements.
- Gatekeeper for project management system. Seek ways to improve communications and efficiencies. Able to use the system to determine capacity across the team and forecast blockages.
- Foster an open environment where concerns and opinions can be freely expressed and addressed in effort to proactively focus on the uncertainties and risks involved in any project.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and 2+ years of successful creative traffic management experience in a fast-paced agency environment. Or, 5+ years of relevant experience. Proven proficiency in aligning processes with business strategy and business management software, such as ProWorkflow, Workfront, Asana, etc. This role requires above average project management skills with strong communication, troubleshooting, organizational and time-management abilities.
The Traffic Manager must be detail-oriented and analytical but also able to see the big picture and be proactive in making quick, effective decisions in a fast-paced environment with favorable outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude and collaborative ability will help position the PM for success.
To be successful in this role, candidate must be able to work independently while contributing to a team. Must show a demonstrated ability to improve productivity and accuracy of work and have strong project management and organization skills. Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all team members is essential. Experience with workflow/project management tools and proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, Excel are required.
The ideal candidate will be a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is deadline driven. They have specialized knowledge and experience in creative project management and workflows with a demonstrated disposition to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Program & Project Management