The Price Optimization Analyst is responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and mathematical modeling projects that support strategic and operational priorities. This role will leverage pricing science to recommend pricing structures and optimize margins. The role will also assume the responsibility of researching the latest technology used in pricing to better enhance operations.
The Price Optimization Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of Pricing Analytics as part of the Pricing Team. There are no direct reports reporting into this role.
Designs and develops machine / deep learning systems to analyze large transactional and economic data sets to support data-driven pricing decisions
- Communicates conclusions from complex mathematical and statistical models (customer segmentation, risk, elasticity) to upper management team and various business units to optimize margin yields and pricing actions
- Constructs algorithms and process flows to automate manual processes within CCP, DOS, Allpro, etc. and deploys process enhancements both departmentally and cross-departmentally
- Responsible for overall technology priorities of the pricing team, including but not limited to reviewing new software, managing system upgrades, implementing business requirements to enhancements
- Develops web scrapers and text mining algorithms utilizing website APIs and proprietary code to create actionable pricing optimization decisions from common data sources such as online discussion boards and open-ended survey results.
- Works with IT department to aid in the development of data pipelines, process flows, resolving technical issues and software configuration as they relate to pricing team
- Responsible for development and deployment of quoting tools
- Consolidates competitive market information in a useful manner to inform pricing decisions
- Manages and maintains statistical models including but not limited to:
- BM market demand forecasting
- Industry demand forecasting
- Price elasticity and cannibalization
- Demographic demand
- Performs analyses for pricing models using various industry metrics
- Supports senior management and peers with on-demand analytics
- BA/BS in Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- 3+ years of business experience
- Solid grasp of micro-economics concepts and familiarity with sensitivity analysis
- SAS, Eviews, Python or R preferred
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Office; data visualization tools (ie, Tableau, Qlik); data querying tools (ie, Business Intelligence)
- Familiarity with business quantitative and statistical concepts (CAGR, Weighted Sum, Mean, Median, Standard Deviation, etc.)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Skilled at multi-tasking in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to master and oversee complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong business writing and presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all levels of management
- Team player with the ability to build productive relationships across many facets of the company
- This position requires minimal travel on an as-needed basis
- Possesses a clear understanding of industry trends, economic sectors, competitors and market dynamics and the ability to adapt priorities in response to a changing business environment.
- Has broad knowledge and is future-oriented, with the aptitude to recognize strategic opportunities, anticipate consequences and trends accurately, and has the ability to articulate key findings effectively.
Drive for results
- Can be relied on to exceed goals successfully by setting priorities, estimating timeframes appropriately and overcoming barriers to achievement.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly to customer requests based on shifting priorities.
Dynamic Team Development
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains the trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all.
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
See Job Description