Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
As the Embedded Firmware Project Engineer, Networks and Security in the Rockwell Automation Technologies, Inc. group, you will provide general support and consultation to Rockwell Automation Technology Partners and other 3rd parties ("Partners") for new products, features and system level solutions that enhance customer satisfaction when they implement the Rockwell Automation Connected Enterprise.
You will be the technical liaison to Partners for development and integration activities and related support for EtherNet/IP, CIP related technology extensions, security technologies as well as other current and future Rockwell Automation licensed technologies.
While you will be a part of a small dynamic team, we are looking for a creative and technically skilled candidate who also enjoys working independently.
- Provide technical leadership and support to Partners that use Rockwell Automation preferred technologies in the design and implementation of 3rd party products/solutions in a manner that supports the strategic direction of Rockwell Automation.
- Be an advocate for including third party relationships and strategies in Rockwell Automation architecture and technology plans. When a part of new product developments, consider implementing and documenting technology in a manner which would allow reuse by Partners. When in a consultant role to Rockwell Automation business units, champion the development of externally consumable documentation packages.
- Research new products, preferred technologies and standards as necessary to maintain the required technical expertise to direct Partner product developments using Rockwell Automation preferred technologies. Formulate plans to maintain and grow knowledge of pertinent technical developments in related fields, and industry standards.
- Direct the participation of all necessary individuals, directly or indirectly involved, to resolve technology related issues and customer issues that involve partner products or partner access to Rockwell Automation products. Keep management aware of the status of the activities.
- Provide input to marketing/business planning, including definition of deliverables required to sell and deliver preferred network and security related technologies in the most usable fashion.
- Provide feedback to Rockwell Automation product groups regarding product directions and attributes required by Partners. Provide feedback to engineering on all aspects of preferred technologies, including development kits, systems issues, etc.
- Manage Rockwell Automation and Partner confidential information according to established guidelines. Following these guidelines, gather technical information from existing Rockwell Automation resources to prepare, distribute, and maintain professional looking documents that contain appropriate levels of technical information in a format that is usable by technology licensees.
- Assist with the development of plans, material, and delivery for training Partners on the design requirements and use of preferred network and security technologies. Must be able to clearly communicate and convey design concepts, both verbally and written. Also, must be able to learn and understand complex control system concepts.
- Effectively team with others to accomplish departmental goals through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires 8+ years of experience in electronics development with embedded firmware experience.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of Industrial Communication Protocols including Ethernet networking, EtherNet/IP, the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) and other ODVA distinctive services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of security related technologies including PKI solutions, CIP Security and IEC 62443.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems involving both hardware and firmware with experience using commercial real-time operating systems, C, C++, and other relevant programming languages.
- Experience developing software in real-time embedded development environments, use of emulators, debuggers, and related instrumentation.
- Experience with Python or other similar scripting languages for developing automated test and build environments.
- Experience and knowledge of object-oriented design techniques
- Working knowledge of Rockwell Automation Logix platform and Studio 5000 Software.
- Experience with the Industrial Automation industry.
- Ability to travel occasionally, with the potential for international travel.
- Demonstrates experience in collaborating with other developers or development teams and provide technical guidance and knowledge sharing, as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).