LV Power System Distribution Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Role Number: 200239820
Seeking an enthusiastic, analytically-minded electrical engineer to own the physical power systems design for the Low Voltage Power Team. This engineer will be responsible for capturing the design of a state-of-the-art power distribution architecture and working with a systems team to integrate it into the product design. The LV Power team owns the design and implementation of the power system, starting from the system architecture and carrying responsibilities through to system validation. This role places a strong emphasis on cross-functional leadership and an ability to drive team consensus on technical decisions that best serve the end product. Strong communication skills and comfort with presenting technical content to a large group are a must. The ideal candidate is someone with a background in battery management, power electronics, and systems engineering who is eager to apply those skills to the unique challenge of designing high reliability systems in an agile, fast-paced environment. Individuals motivated to develop unique tools to streamline existing processes are highly desired.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Systems engineering preferred
- 7+ years overall experience
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- System behavioral modeling (Matlab, Simulink/Simscape, Spice)
- Fluency in PCB, analog circuit, and power electronics design
- Experience designing high volume and/or high reliability products from beginning to end
- Working understanding of mechanical, thermal, and software design considerations in battery powered systems
Own the system-level low voltage (<60V) power distribution system design implementation
Generate and maintain engineering requirements and specifications for power supplies and distribution modules in the system.
Create behavioral models for system power consumption and analyze customer use cases to support critical design decisions on DCDCs, cable harness, and battery specs
Develop and drive system verification/validation plans with cross-functional colleagues
Identify system failure modes and effects; determine mitigation strategies and corrective actions to comply with functional safety requirements
Present designs to a diverse set of engineers including EEs, MEs, SWEs and others
Education & Experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace