Sr. Motion Sensor Algorithm and State Estimation Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Role Number: 200239815
One of Apple's R&D groups is currently seeking a Sr. Motion Sensor Algorithm and State Estimation Engineer. This engineer will develop custom algorithms for sensor fusion, calibration and processing of our motion sensing subsystem. This individual will drive algorithm design, architecture, development workflow, and system level integration. Typical work products will include reference algorithm designs or embedded implementation, performance analysis, proofs of concept, and integration plans. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Skilled in the of development, theory, design, modeling, and implementation of sensor fusion algorithms based on inertial sensors + external aiding. eg. Kalman filters, batch least squares, complementary filters, etc.
- Experience with robotic platform dead-reckoning solutions that include kinematic modeling, odometry, and inertial propagation.
- Expert in calibration and signal processing of motion sensors and intrinsic parameters.
In this role you will partner with other subject matter experts and work with a cross functional team: sensor/actuator HW engineers, control designers, and embedded FW resources to develop motion sensor processing algorithms.
Create a robust state estimation and sensor fusion algorithm architecture allowing for exploration of challenging safety critical environments.
Develop extensive and scaleable testing, tuning and evaluation systems for these algorithms
Perform simulation and analysis to support use cases and requirements/specs
Maintain a strong relationship with internal customers, hardware/software teams, and external vendors
Drive SW/HW Algs/sensor integration and tuning on a host of program platforms.
Develop test/validation plans and manage execution of these activities
Consult on other applications of motion sensors, algorithms and estimation (robotics, various sensor-system applications)
Education & Experience
B.S. in Engineering + minimum of 10 years of industry experience M.S. in Engineering + minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Nice to have:
- Experience implementing and releasing software/algorithm designs into products.
- Familiarity and experience testing integrated GPS/INS products
- Experience with functional safety, redundancy, and graceful degradation for navigation.
- Experience with source control (Git) on multi developer projects
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace