Supports Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) personnel by providing installation, troubleshooting and support of software and hardware within the network operating system and personal computers of five locations. Responsible for maintaining the hardware and software on the system network. Serves as HIPAA Security Officer. Researches personal computer products to introduce to EIHC as well as keep current on updates to PC products that EIHC currently maintains. Responsible for coordinating efforts across EIHC to identify key security initiatives and standards including virus protection, security monitoring, intrusion detection, access control to facilities, and remote access policies as well as physical security of health information held by EIHC that is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Position reports to Chief Operations Officer; supervises technical staff.
- Troubleshoots, documents, and provides technical support for software and hardware issues.
- Installs, configures, and maintains hardware.
- Trains users on new and existing software and hardware, as required.
- Researches products for introduction within EIHC and makes proposals and timelines for implementation.
- Acts as a contact for software order requests as well as software vendors for problems with software used at EIHC.
- Maintains a secure copy of all original programs purchased by EIHC and restricts access to the originals to prevent licensing violations.
- Monitors and maintains hardware and software service contracts.
- Maintains accurate records of purchase agreements, licenses, and key contacts for services.
- Provides cabling service for establishing new connections.
- Performs system backups.
- Coordinates security product purchase proposals, implementation plans and project schedules.
- Represents EIHC on HIPAA security issues with external parties such as government bodies, other clinics, business associates, and trading partners.
- Oversees training and implementation of all HIPAA security policies and procedures.
- Identifies protection goals and objectives consistent with EIHC’s current information technology (IT) and strategic plans.
- Assess EIHC’s current security compliance status vs. necessary status (gap analysis).
- Work with appropriate individuals to ensure the facility implements and maintains the appropriate security forms, materials, processes, procedures, and practices.
- Establishes and administers a process for receiving complaints concerning EIHC’s security policies and procedures. Documents, tracks and takes action on these complaints.
- Ensures consistent action is taken for failure to comply with security policies for all employees on the workforce. Works in cooperation with human resources and administration, as appropriate.
- Reviews all security plans to ensure the EIHC security practices are in place.
- Fosters security awareness with EIHC employees. Works with employees to ensure coordination and cooperation under the institution’s HIPAA security policies and procedures. Manages the development and implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of the security of health information and compliance with HIPAA Security Rule.
- Provides general guidance and assistance in identifying security policies and procedures necessary for the organization.
- Prepares initial setup for email and server accounts for new employees. Monitors system accounts to ensure employees have correct access to software.
- Documents Audit Trail logs, backup logs, and Device Checklists.
- Participates in EIHC meetings as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of EIHC’s Mission Statement in performing all aspects of this position.
- Demonstrates a caring and helpful attitude when interacting with patients, vendors, and fellow employees. Strives to build cooperative partnerships, by treating each person both inside and outside of the organization as a customer.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other clinic personnel.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion on a need-to-know basis as specified in EIHC’s Personnel Policies.
- Participates in maintaining departmental continuous quality improvement.
- Writes reports as directed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and ensures compliance of HIPPA guidelines.
- Responsible to be knowledgeable and comply with EIHC policies, procedures and manuals pertinent to department.
- All employees are responsible to comply with all safety and health rules and regulations applicable to their work.
- Participates in assigned committees, including
- EHR Steering Committee - IPCA
- Analytics Steering Committee - IPCA
- Data Governance Committee - IPCA
- HCCN Grant – IPCA
- Patient Access & Eligibility Workgroup – IPCA
- Athena Workgroup (Bi-weekly)
- Operations Leadership Team (Weekly)
- Risk Management Committee
- Strategic Planning
- Quality (Monthly)
- PCMH (when due)
- OSV (when due)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires five or more years of related work experience.
The mission of Eastern Iowa Health Center is to provide exceptional and accessible, patient-centered healthcare for all.
EIHC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO) benefits, including eight paid holidays, Flexible Spending Account, and 401k retirement savings plan with employer match.
If qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume with job and salary history to: Human Resources by clicking apply now!