CITY OF VISALIA—PURCHASING DIVISION CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The City of Visalia Purchasing Division is recruiting for an Administrative Technician. This position performs a variety of administrative duties including:
- Serves as the point of contact for all Purchasing inquiries and coordinating purchasing services.
- Researches, contacts, and selects potential vendors to receive proposals for price, quality, and timeliness of delivery.
- Processes Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and updates vendor files, using purchasing software.
- Resolves various discrepancies. In addition, maintains all vendor insurances, certificates, stop orders, etc.
- Develops and maintains necessary purchasing files to ensure all documents meet City requirements and are complete.
- Four years of increasingly responsible secretarial, administrative and/or supervisory clerical experience.
- Two years of experience with accounts payable or processing invoices is preferred.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a California Driver's License by time of appointment.
- Type at least 55 corrected wpm.
- CalPERS Retirement Program
- 2@60 plan for Classic members
- 2@62 plan for new members
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Onsite City Health and Wellness Clinic (no out of pocket expenses)
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave and much more…
APPLICATION PROCESS: Additional information and application materials available on our website at www.visalia.city under Human Resources, Job Openings. The application filing deadline is Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5pm.
Questions may be directed to: Vanessa Shearer, (559) 713-4417, email@example.com