ADVOCAP, Inc., is a recognized leader in anti-poverty and self sufficiency programming. We are a private, nonprofit community action agency committed to creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty, and increase self-sufficiency.
This position will ensure child safety, and provide structure and stability to various Head Start centers' daily classroom, transportation, and other essential services. This Head Start Center Operations Manager will directly supervise all personnel engaged in activities at designated area centers and build teams with a focus on ADVOCAP's corporate values.
Ensure assigned facilities, staff, collaboration partners and contractors adhere to Federal Head Start Program Performance Standards, State Licensing Regulations, and ADVOCAP Policies and Procedures
Oversee all activities in and concerning designated Head Start Centers, insuring a safe, professional, learning environment for children, staff, volunteers, partners, and others
Coordinate daily schedules for supervised staff and arrange for substitutes to insure continuity of services
Establish a regular management presence at each designated center as required by state licensing
Promote team building, corporate values, and positive communication among staff and partners
Participate in meetings pertaining to program service needs of children and families
Promote staff development and continuing education and insure staff certifications are met
Provide leadership assistance for family activities, center committee meetings, and other center activities
Insure a professional and respectful environment for children, parents, and guests
Participate in annual self assessment teams to identify areas for program improvement and resulting plans and plan implementation
Work closely with other center managers and partners to plan, evaluate, and implement continuous program improvements to benefit children and families
Keep the Head Start Program Director informed of and seek guidance on issues which may arise pertaining to staff, partnerships, program administration, and other sensitive matters
• Possess an understanding, respectful and non-judgmental opinion of the causes and conditions of poverty, needs and circumstances of low income families
• Have multiple years of successful experience working with low-income families
• Successful experience supervising others in a dynamic work environment
• Have strong communication, planning, team development, leadership, and activity organizing skills
• A bachelor's degree in Early Childhood /Elementary Education or relevant field of study, or it's equivalence in experience, is desired
• Ability to participate in training and secure certifications as required
• Experience working within a school or childcare environment or Head Start program
• Flexibility and capacity to assist in many areas of the program, including monitoring classroom teachers for implementation of job duties (ex: screenings, assessments, lesson planning and curriculum implementation)
• Prior experience working within a family database, Creative Curriculum, and CLASS observation OR willingness to obtain CLASS Observation Training.
• Basic computer skills and competencies
• Valid driver’s license and insurance
Minimum starting wage is $20.31 per hour. Benefits offered include: health, dental, vision, life, STD, vacation, sick and holiday pay, 401k option
Please submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108
OR FAX 920-922-7214
OR Email to us directly by applying to this job posting.
Responses received by 4/22/21 will receive preference. Will continue to receive responses until position is filled.