Central Nebraska Regional Airport and Kearney Regional Airport: Job Posting
Transportation Security Officer (TSO) –Part-time positions
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is accepting applications for full time and part-time Transportation Security Officers at Central Nebraska Regional Airport and Kearney Regional Airport (GRI/EAR) Paid, ongoing training will be provided; no experience is required. *some conditions apply
· Pay rate starting at $16.51 per hour
Specific duties for TSA Transportation Security Officers include:
- Screening passengers, cargo and bags for prohibited and dangerous objects and
- Maintaining efficient passenger traffic flows through security
- Monitoring airport security measures and reporting potential vulnerabilities and
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Have either a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
- If none of the above, have at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening or as an X-ray
- Be proficient in English (i.e., able to read, write, speak and comprehend).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years of
TSA offers an attractive federal benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan similar to a 401(k); Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days and paid federal holidays.
Other benefits may include a uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; transportation subsidies and ongoing training with tuition reimbursement. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities.