- Performing 5S audits
- Helping to creating, implement, and train on standard work instructions (SWI) when requested by CI Manager
- Reviewing and managing the factory production process systems and holding regular meetings to discuss the data and improvement plans
- Key performance indicator (KPI) reporting.
- Engaging their teams and cultivating improvement and efficiency suggestions.
- Performing daily shop floor management tools such as line walks, stand up meetings, 5S audits, production walks, and shift handover logs
- Ensuring areas of responsibilities are supplied with the correct and proper amount of materials for daily production. This may include reporting daily scrap losses and any vendor non-conformance that may occur as well as maintain inventory accuracy on all necessary supplies.
- Verifying and sign off on daily work assigned that may include production counts, work assignments, maintenance work orders, pick/pack sheets, etc. Ensure quality of work performed before deeming complete and moving it to the next operation.
- Working with the Lead, provide timely and regular feedback on performance (positive and constructive) to employees.
- Working with the Lead, help to identify areas for development for employees.
- Ensure a clear understanding of Company, Operations, and department specific objectives, metrics, and expectations in order to effectively provide feedback to the Lead or Department Manager on the employees for the semi-annual/annual performance management review process.
- Understand Company policies and guidelines that may help you run your area efficiently and effectively and proactively respond to employee questions or concerns; e.g., specifics of the attendance policy, timekeeping guidelines, reasonable suspicion testing, etc.
- Actively participate in leadership training with a focus on developing people management, business management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Lead will work with the Production Supervisor and/or Lead and manage the daily operations of the Benjamin Moore & Co. manufacturing facility.
- Basic computer skills such as Outlook (email), Excel, Word, and AS400/Infinium.
- High school graduate or GED
- A demonstrated ability in leadership skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ensures plant management is notified of any employee conduct requiring corrective or disciplinary action.
- Ability to work in a team environment and able to be cross-functional
· Assist Shift Lead to plan, schedule and maintain accountability for the completion of all tasks within the work unit, and assigns roles for task completion accordingly.
· Use of electronic data and information systems as required.
· Ability to train and coach team on appropriate methods regarding work processes, safety, etc.
· Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction
· Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s.
· Ability to use company software and computer system.
· Must be willing to work assigned shift, plus overtime and weekends as business needs require.
· Must be able to drive a forklift and trailer jockey.
· Must be able to wear a respirator.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Experience offloading and loading large vehicles with chemicals a plus
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
Physical effort and dexterity:
- Frequency of physical activity throughout shift:
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending/twisting of neck and waist, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects from floor, conveyor, vehicle, table or overhead location
- Constant standing (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent lifting of 10-75 lbs. (1-8+ hours) throughout shift
- Frequency of upper and lower extremity activity throughout shift:
- Constant grasping with dominate hand (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent fine hand manipulation, pushing, pulling and reaching above and below shoulder throughout shift.
- Constant walking (6-8+ hours)
- Getting onto electric Walkie riders, forklifts and aerial work
- Manual lifting of products, upwards of 70 lbs. per
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
- Ability to lift 5 gallon buckets of paint (upwards of 70 lbs.)
- Ability to use Walkie Rider, Forklift trucks, Scissor Lift and other MHE
- Picking of orders is most frequent activity (upwards of 8 hours per day)
FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.