Analog IC Design Engineer
Newton , Massachusetts , United States
Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Role Number: 200240021
In this role, you will actively work within the Analog/Mixed-Signal team to design and deliver hard IPs to Apple's products. We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking analog/mixed-signal engineer with background in high-speed data converters, clocking circuitry and analog filters. As a member of our team, you will have the rare and phenomenal opportunity to work on upcoming products that will surprise and delight millions of Apple's customers. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you have strong fundamentals and enjoy tackling technical challenges? Are you passionate about learning new skills and improving the value of your work? This role offers all of this while offering a strong culture where you be responsible for your career!
- - The ideal candidate should have deep understanding of analog/mixed-signal design
- - Solid understanding and experience of crafting analog mixed signal circuit blocks including ADCs, DACs, PLLs, DLLs, filters, bandgap, biasing circuits, LDO regulators, amplifiers, comparators, switched-cap circuits and oscillators
- - In-depth knowledge of analog mixed-signal concepts like mismatch mitigation, linearity, stability, low-power and low-noise techniques
- - Experience with high-speed digital circuits (e.g., serializer, de-serializer, counters, dividers, etc.)
- - Design experience in sophisticated CMOS technologies, design with FinFet technology
- - Hands-on experience with AMS IC development from definition to high-volume production including layout supervision, bench evaluation, correlation, and characterization
- - Experience in lab testing of mixed-signal circuits and experience in using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc. to validate analog designs
- - Able to build VerilogA/AMS behavioral models
- - Able to analyze and lead characterization data from lab and volume testing
We have ownership of data converters and other analog/mixed-signal circuits. You will be working with multi-functional teams to architect and design state-of-the-art analog/mixed-signal circuits. You will also drive mask design to implement layout view of designs. You will coordinate with IP consumers, help define production/bench-level test plans, and conduct design reviews of blocks with peers/management to show design meets spec targets and requirements.
Education & Experience
MSEE with 5+ years or PhD with 3+ years of confirmed experience.