Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200239134
Apple is a place where extraordinary people capture to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job... Just be prepared to dream big. We are a dynamic group of model makers who support all the hardware engineering groups within the company. This group specializes in manufacturing models, prototypes, and offers manufacturing/design solutions. We are looking for an experienced and motivated manufacturing lab technician to join our lab.
- Demonstrate mechanical and electrical proficiency and knowledge in automation, machining, tooling, basic PLC knowledge and HVAC familiarity
- Troubleshoot and diagnose machine malfunctions and perform repairs/calibration.
- Order/install defective parts or faulty components.
- Perform tests and calibration to verify operation of equipment.
- Performs general and preventative maintenance.
- Manage inventory of machine related spare parts and supplies.
- Knowledge of Heidenhain control and 5 axis machining preferred
- Time management and Project management skills highly desirable
- Identify and procure high risk components to improve machine up time.
- Communicate with groups regarding status of equipment and any issues that will affect the work flow.
- Coolant management and testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
This position will help facilitate various activities throughout the shop which would include equipment testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repairs. The candidate for the position would be responsible for managing events related to equipment in the lab as well as facility requests with contractors and vendors. The lab requires a logical problem solver who is comfortable around technical equipment and data. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in a high paced, shop environment. A self motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision is necessary.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma, Associate Degree or Certificate, Bachelor's Degree preferred.