Display Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Role Number: 200237521
Do something different! Apple is looking for a world class engineer that can help identify and incubate new display technologies. You will work with both suppliers and internal teams at Apple to shape the display related technologies that go into Apple products. A successful candidate will not only need to identify new tech, but also educate a broad audience of people at Apple about their benefits and tradeoffs. This position is focusing on the identification, prototyping, and communication of display backplane technologies for future Apple products. The team features a diverse engineering roster including panel engineers, optical engineers, human perception experts, product design engineers, and experimental physicists. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area. Join us! It's going to be awesome!
- Engineering background in digital/analog IC, mix-mode IC or display panel design;
- Engineering background in process and device development, testing and validation;
- Hands-on experience, technical knowledge, and proven track record in the design, development of active matrix displays, panel design & electronics and simulation and development of Silicon process and devices;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Capable of prototyping, conducting DOEs, and analytical data processing;
- Experience managing domestic and international vendors.
Identify display backplane technologies; Track and understand the state-of-art panel design, electronic architecture, driving scheme, integrated circuitry and interface technology; Define electrical architecture that enables the best display performance through total system optimization and optimization of each key component, including pixel design, active matrix addressing, integrated circuits, power architecture, driver/panel interface, and high-speed interface from a host system; Explore and investigate new technologies for display application; Conduct necessary panel layout design and SPICE modeling & simulation to validate both electrical and optical performance on the proposed panel electronics architecture and design; Conduct process, device simulation with T-CAD and other process/device simulation tool; Effectively communicate the advantages, disadvantage, and risks of the device; Shepard the technologies into both external supplier and internal product roadmaps.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in EE or equivalent with 2+ years of experience in related field. B.S. in EE or equivalent with 10+ years of experience in related field