ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Event Captain - Full Time/Non-Exempt
This is an F&B supervisory position responsible for leadership of all private & calendar event
experiences at Talisker Club. This position will plan & execute events at Tuhaye or Empire Pass as the primary POC a well as the overall communication with each department within Talisker Club.
This leader is responsible for monitoring and maintaining food, beverage, and service quality through accountability, leadership, communication and planning around Talisker Club lifestyle. This is a
leadership role with a "hands on approach" and may act as a Manager on Duty at any time in any
venue. This position helps to ensure successful daily execution, foster open channels of
communication, and display a positive approach.
• Responsible for controlling all aspects in the execution of event function.
• Effectively supervise the Event staff during all food and beverage service.
• Coordinating every aspect of the Event staff during all food and beverage service.
• Lead in the complete operation of the Event Department.
• Responsible for adhering to Club policies and procedures.
• Responsible for adhering to all liquor liability laws.
• Must assist/conduct all designated staff/pre-function meetings.
• Complete other duties as assigned by senior management.
• Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO's).
• Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, & have excellent customer service experience.
• Complete banquet consumption sheets as designated by the Director.
• Attend department meetings and other company required trainings.
• Attend tastings and Pre-Con's.
• Recruit and Hire On Call Banquet Staff.
• Complete other duties as assigned by management.
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous banquet leadership experience required, experience in a four-star/four-diamond hotel or
resort is strongly preferred.
• Must have and maintain current TIPS, ServSafe or equivalent alcohol training & food handler training.
• Ability to multitask and portray a friendly demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
• Must consistently demonstrate a teamwork-oriented and positive attitude.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Flexible work schedule including days/evenings/weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to work weekends.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs & stand and walk for long periods of time, including the shifts duration.
• Must be able to walk, push, pull, stoop, bend and lift items of moderate weight.
WAGE AND BENEFITS:
• Wage is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• The Club offers an all-inclusive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD coverages, supplemental insurance, and paid time off, holiday pay, employee meals, 401k plan and wide range of employee recognition programs.
Individuals who meet or exceed the established criteria as detailed in this posting are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Note: Please include in the subject line: Event Captain.