Elementary Assistant Principal - Ranch Heights Elementary
Job Description: To assist the principal in providing school-wide leadership, maintaining a safe and positive school climate, providing supervision of educational processes that support and advance student learning, while learning the role of the elementary principal.
Term of Employment: 12 months
Location: Ranch Heights Elementary School
Reports to: Principal
Supervisory Responsibilities: Teachers, Support Staff
Qualifications/ Job Requirements: Elementary Teaching Certificate, Principal certification, Master's Degree, 3 years of successful teaching experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
• Assists in maintaining a positive school climate and student discipline.
• Represents the principal in the absence of the principal
• Assists the principal in supervising and evaluating teachers and support staff.
• Assists in supervising after school or evening activities.
• Assists in school safety and safety drill activities.
• Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance, and communicates with parents as needed.
• Assists the principal in the responsibility for coordinating transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
• Establishes effective rapport with students and develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with the whole school community.
• Serves with parents, staff, and student groups as requested in advancing educational processes and related school programs.
• Performs record-keeping functions as directed by the principal.
• Assists in the planning of professional development and staff communication.
• Promotes and implements Bartlesville Public Schools' goals and strategic plan objectives.
• Stays current on educational changes and developments through reading professional literature and attending professional meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and Executive Director of Elementary and Middle School